}
Low Level Carbon Monoxide Monitors 2017-03-04T17:49:00+00:00
 

True Carbon Monoxide Protection for All Ages

  • NSI 3000™ Low Level CO Monitors provide protection for all age groups and conditions, especially infants, children, and the elderly, and highly sensitive or ill people. Other detectors barely provide minimal protection for healthy adults.
  • Lets you know there’s a problem before reaching dangerous, even deadly CO levels, long before the other CO detectors even begin to work.

  • Employs the same electrochemical sensor technology found in professional CO Analyzers that cost thousands of dollars. This monitor is calibrated using CO, not electrical guesswork!

NSI 3000™ Low-Level Carbon Monoxide Monitors are available from Control Point Mechanical

A RISK YOU CAN’T AFFORD TO IGNORE!

You can’t see or smell carbon monoxide (CO), but at high levels it can kill a person in minutes. Carbon monoxide is produced whenever any fuel such as gas, oil, kerosene, wood, or charcoal is burned.

If appliances that burn fuel are maintained and used properly, the amount of CO produced is usually not hazardous. However, if appliances are not working properly, or are used incorrectly, dangerous levels of CO can result. Thousands of people die accidentally every year from CO poisoning caused by malfunctioning or improperly used fuel-burning appliances. Even more die from CO produced by idling cars.

Fetuses, infants, elderly people, and people with anemia or with a history of heart or respiratory disease can be especially susceptable. Don’t ignore the risks. Get a safety check for carbon monoxide in your home or office and consider a professional-grade carbon monoxide monitor to help protect you from most risks.*

*Portions taken from US Govt. EPA Website
NCI highly recommends a carbon monoxide check before installation of your monitor.

Protect Your Family

Purchase the NSI 3000™ Low-Level Carbon Monoxide Monitor from Control Point Heating & Air Conditioning

photo of a low level carbon monoxide detector

Contact Us to Purchase

WHY DO I NEED A LOW-LEVEL MONITOR?

The NSI low level monitor senses CO levels as low as 5 ppm (parts per million). Infants, children, elderly, persons with respiratory or heart ailments are provided little or no protection from deadly CO with standard alarms. Longterm exposure to Low-level CO above 15 ppm can cause illness and even permanent disabilities.

WHAT ABOUT OTHER “DETECTORS” SOLD AT RETAILERS & HOME CENTERS?

Store-bought detectors don’t alarm until unsafe levels of 70 ppm or higher are present at the unit for 3-1/2 hours! By then it may be too late. Plug-in models don’t always allow for proper placement and don’t work during power outages. The NSI 3000 is battery powered for 24/7 protection.

WHY IS THE NSI 3000 MORE EXPENSIVE THAN THE OTHERS?

Accurate, low-level CO detection requires more expensive components & quality control. The NSI 3000 CO monitor uses the same technology and sensors as in professional-grade CO analyzers used by contractors, fire departments, and utilities. And NSI’s unique Continuous ScanTM mode lets you know the monitor is operational 24/7!

HOW MANY MONITORS SHOULD I HAVE IN MY HOME?

As with smoke detectors, you should have one monitor installed on every level of your home. Even a single story home may need two — one at each end.

WHERE SHOULD I PLACE THE NSI MONITOR?

CO is lighter than air. Monitors should be mounted at eye level and no lower. They should be placed in an area with good air circulation. If you have only one monitor it should be placed near the master bedroom. Additional locations include your kitchen, nursery, basement, rooms with fireplaces or gas logs, and near your heating system and/or hot water tank. Your professional installation contractor will determine the best location in your home.

WHAT SHOULD I DO IF MY MONITOR GOES OFF?

Call your CO-Certified contractor at any level below 70 ppm, unless you have symptoms. CO exposure can cause nausea, severe headache, shortness of breath, chest pain, blurred vision, and dizziness. If you experience these symptoms call 911 and leave the house immediately. Above 70 ppm, evacuate immediately. If you have symptoms, call 911 from a neighbors house. Call your utility to turn off the equipment until your CO- Certified contractor can investigate the source of carbon monoxide.