Out of sight, out of mind—right? The inside walls of your air ducts are hidden for the most part. But once your ductwork gets dirty, it can make your home less comfy. Accumulated debris in your air ducts circulates every time your heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment cycles.
Duct cleaning ensures healthy indoor air quality (IAQ). It removes the presence of:
- Airborne allergens
- Pest dropping
Contaminants like pollen, dander, and mold can trigger allergies and asthma, according to the Centers for Diseases Control and Prevention (CDC). Duct cleaning is a great way to remove them when paired with routine maintenance and regular HVAC filter changes.
Control Point Mechanical is pleased to promote healthy air for our neighbors in Massachusetts. Call our Shrewsbury, MA, office with questions about heating, cooling, or IAQ—your comfort is our priority.
How Often Do I Need My Ducts Cleaned?
You can prevent your ducts from getting dirty by having them professionally cleaned once every two years. It’s also a good idea to get them cleaned more regularly if they’ve been contaminated by the following:
- Flooding or plumbing leaks. Has your Shrewsbury, MA, home been affected by flooding due to inclement weather or a burst pipe? Let Control Point Mechanical join your cleanup crew. We’ll clear out any mildew or mold growth in your ducts that may have happened as a result.
- Cigarette smoke. The tar from tobacco smoke leaves residue on just about every surface it comes into contact with—walls, carpeting, furniture, and more. Ducts are no exception.
- Indoor construction. Construction crews wear masks and cover furniture for a good reason. Indoor excavation produces many byproducts that are harmful to inhale, including the dust from wood, silica, and drywall. Duct cleaning is vital to prevent this powder from being recirculated throughout your home.
How Do I Know If I Have Dirty Ducts?
Take a quick look at your vents—how clean do they look? If they are noticeably dusty, what you see is likely only the tip of the iceberg.
Another telltale sign is respiratory symptoms, especially if household members have allergies or asthma. This can be an indicator of poor IAQ.
- Runny or itchy nose
- Coughing or sneezing
- Clogged sinuses
How Does Duct Cleaning Work?
Our experts follow a meticulous cleaning process that meets all Massachusetts health and safety standards—your well-being is our top priority.
Here’s how it works:
- Our HVAC specialist unfastens each of your vents.
- Using a long brush, our specialist loosens any debris that clings to your ductwork.
- The long hose from our truck sprays out ducts, thoroughly removing the rest of the debris inside.
- Finally, a high-power vacuum draws out all the water, leaving your ducts spotless.
Need service today, but hoping to pay later? Our financing plans make HVAC services like duct cleaning flexible to your budget needs.
How to Protect Your Indoor Air Quality
Duct cleaning is great—but it’s also essential to have a maintenance plan. Seasonal checkups for your HVAC equipment have many advantages:
- It keeps your equipment running at peak efficiency, reducing utility bills.
- It extends the lifespan of your HVAC system.
- It reduces the number and frequency of repairs.
Your specialist will perform critical maintenance tasks that help preserve IAQ, including:
- Changing your HVAC filter
- Cleaning your AC, furnace, or heat pump
- Checking for refrigerant leaks
- Inspecting for carbon monoxide (CO) leak risks (i.e. cracked heat exchanger)
Our Ultimate Savings Agreement helps you stay on top of HVAC maintenance—we’ll notify you when you’re due for service. You’ll also get plenty of rewards, like priority service and discounts. Get in touch with us today to learn more.
Need a Reliable HVAC Contractor? Call Today.
Control Point Mechanical provides heating and cooling services to homes in Shrewsbury, MA, and the surrounding areas. We specialize in installing, repairing, replacing, and maintaining HVAC systems. Call us today at 508-845-4822 or request service online.