Make your living space work for you—literally. Home automation simplifies everyday tasks, making your downtime that much more relaxing.
Home security, heating, cooling, cleaning, and lighting are just a few daily tasks you can automate. It’s endlessly customizable—choose what tasks you want to automate and set the schedule you want.
Call us today for a free consultation about your next project.
Lower Your Energy Costs
Not only does automation make your lifestyle more convenient—it can save you tons of money. Did you know that turning down your thermostat seven to 10°F for at least eight hours daily can lower your utility spending by up to 10 percent a year, according to the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE)?
However, it’s hard to be consistent about it—that’s where home automation steps in. A smart thermostat uses sensors to pick up on your habits and develop a custom-tailored HVAC cycle for your Westborough, MA, home that balances comfort and efficiency.
What Can Home Automation Do for Me?
Automating your home has many practical benefits that will enhance your everyday life. Additionally, the technology is rapidly growing and expanding—new features and add-ons are constantly being introduced.
Here are just a few ways Westborough, MA, homeowners are using home automation:
- Track home security cameras and alarm system
- Monitor water and energy usage
- Water your plants
- Feed your pets
- Open and close window blinds
- Calibrate lighting with voice or motion command
- Lock doors from your phone
- Clean up with a robotic vacuum
- Auto-notify authorities in the event of a burglary, fire, or carbon monoxide (CO) leak
Of course, there are many more uses—but there were too many to list! Call your Control Point Mechanical expert today to discuss the home automation solutions you’re interested in for your home. More than likely, what you have in mind is possible.
How Does It Work?
Home automation systems contain three basic components. These electronic modules communicate with one another to automate different tasks around your home.
The components are:
- Controllers—This component controls and monitors the others. Often, it’s an app on your phone, tablet, or web portal. These online controllers are highly secure and allow you to view settings, make changes, and enter commands via WiFi. Alternatively, the controller could be a remote control, similar in appearance to a television remote.
- Actuators—While the controller controls, the actuator actuates—it performs the commands that you want to see completed. A “smart lock” is an example of an actuator. When you tell your phone to lock your door, the smart lock’s motors turn the bolt in place.
- Sensors—These are the eyes and ears of the operation, keeping track of movement, light, sound, and temperature. Sensors send the information back to the controllers and actuators, triggering commands and collecting data. They have numerous uses, including touchless sinks and energy-saving thermostat programs.
Home Automation Installation and Replacement
Ready to step into a new era of home convenience? The Control Point Mechanical team is here to assist. Every household has different needs—let us help you plan, build, and configure the perfect setup for your living space.
Call today to schedule your free in-home consultation. We’ll draw up a blueprint with an estimate before you sign off on anything.
Additionally, we offer financing plans that allow you to pay as you go. We design these plans to fit your budget and needs!
Home Automation Repairs
Whether you need help with a remote controller, timer, or sensor, our team can help. Control Point Mechanical specializes in home automation repairs, providing upfront pricing and a clear explanation of the work. Call us today.
Things tend to break when you least expect them to. That’s why we offer 24/7 emergency repair services to be there when you need us.
Need Home Service Assistance? Call Today.
Control Point Mechanical is ready to help with your home automation needs. Need assistance? We’re pleased to dispatch only the most qualified technicians from our Westborough, MA, headquarters. Call us today at 508-845-4822 or request service online.